Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Acrylic abstract painting- new work

"Red Ghost Ship"
acrylic on canvas
20 x 16 inches
2006
price $250

I can't wait to see the "Pirates of Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest", I loved the first movie and I've heard the second has good reviews too. So, thinking about the pirates and the great passion for adventure, I entered in the imaginary...and this is what happened. Of course to me everything is abstract, this is the way I see life or better said this is the way I want to see life. Freedom is very important and this is what I want to offer to the viewer: imagination. I just give him a glimpse and than let his imagination create the whole story behind.

I used the red color to reinforce the spirit for adventure, a passion that never dies on a background of very pale green, white and black to create the impression of a rock or even a glacier, since everything is wild, untouchable and lost in time.
The contrast, strokes and the rich texture gives it a plus of charm and makes "The Red Ghost Ship" existent somewhere in time...

No comments: